Thursday, January 16, 2014

Time to catch up a little...

As you know, I am not great with the regular blogging thing :) First of all, here are my latest Nuts About Sketches submission. I loved how this picture of Minnie turned out, and again I used the Simple Stories Say Cheese line- such an awesome collection for Disney pics.





This is my favorite layout that I have done for Nuts About Sketches. I just can't stress enough how awesome this paper collection is!!! And I got  to use a doily. I heart doilies :)





And this is the most recent Disney layout. I decided to use a whole different line of paper and something definitely "non-Disney", and something more "me". So, what better than Graphic 45's Typography!!! I had a box of goodies that I got before Christmas and this was part of it so I was itching to use it. I issued a challenge over at A Cherry on Top to do a layout with multiple layers and textures (more on that in the next post). Below is the example that I did. I used embossed paper, lace, corrugated cardboard and some kind of packing paper as my layers. The look of that sushi is enough to make me drool- mmmmmm! There are some sequins in that page too that I have only just got into using, thanks to my scrapbook friend, Stephanie Ho, from Skyline Paperie- you should head over there and check out their blog and adorable online store. I know Stephanie through A Cherry on Top, and we were Christmas ornament exchange partners. Below the layout are the gorgeous things she sent me, and she also included a whole bunch of sequins and a lovely roll of washi tape- how sweet was she?





1 comment: