Friday, August 30, 2013

I heart hexagons.....

I do! I know that some people are sick of them but I can't get enough. They are just so darn cute and make such interesting patterns, if you want them to. Below are two layouts I did recently for challenges at ACOT.




I love this picture, it makes me giggle. We went to London to see the Queen (I kid, we did not go to see the Queen) and ran into Mickey and Minnie instead! What are the chances? I don't know who was running the Magic Kingdom at the time, but hey, everyone deserves a break! We were strolling down the Thames and there are all kinds of those "living statues" and people dressed up in costumes, and BAM! there was M and M! All these costumed people are there to entertain and make some money. If you give them some change they will do something with you for a picture to be taken, and this is what Mickey and Minnie did- it was so stinkin' cute! The hexagons were cut from a piece of Echo Park paper, and everything else except the doily is MME.



Now, this layout I just LOVE. Most of all I love it for the sweet picture :) It's my daughter and my nephew, when they were 2, and best buds. They spent a lot of time together when they were small as they had the same babysitter. They both have outfits on that I bought them in Disneyworld, where we had only just gotten back from a few days before this picture was taken. isn't the look on Kate's face precious? It's like they switched personalities that day. Kate was all grumpy and Sam all happy-go-lucky. We thought Sam would be difficult to get to sit and take pics but it was the other way around. Anyway it made for adorable pics and Kate warmed up after awhile and we got some adorable smiles from both of them.

All the papers and banner are MME- I cut the hexagons from some of the paper. I ADORE MME and I am going to make it my mission in life to get all there stuff LOL. Seriously though, I love it!! Like, a LOT!! The flowers are Prima, bingo number is Pink Paislee and flourish is Tim Holtz grungeboard heat embossed with Kaisercraft Sandstone ink and UTEE.

Ok it's 3 A.M. I seriously need to go to bed- nighty night!!

3 comments: