Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another canvas....

I just loooove mixed media canvases!!They are so much fun and  you are only limited by your imagination. Well, and your materials, which I need more of. Modeling paste is something I want to use and stamps for stamping in the UTEE. I couldn't possibly list off all the things I would like to have, there is not enough room on the internet lol

SO, my last post was about my entry into a color challenge. Well this is for the same thing. I can't enter another project into the challenge, as I have already entered, but I used the same color combo to create a canvas after Rhea put it out there that maybe I would enter a canvas. Thank you Rhea for making me push a little past my comfort zone and use this color combo to try a canvas!!!! It was fun! I was really iffy first about the black background, but the more I did, the more I liked it, and I am very happy with the end result.

I inked the entire canvas with black (obviously). I used glitter embossing powder for the embossed areas. except around the edges of the "ticket to ride" card I used silver. The crown is the outline of a mask, the word "live" were stickers that I removed after I inked over the area. The papers/chipboard pieces are all MME (except the butterflies), pink ink is Stampin'up, black ink is Kaisercraft. The swirl in the left upper corner is a canvas resist piece by Prima. The hot air balloon is a Tattered Angels piece and the tulle ribbon is Bo Bunny.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I worried first that the black might be too overpowering at first, but i think it works well and I am pleased. 

Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I should just start asking you to do a canvas for me! hahaha

    ReplyDelete