Wednesday, April 10, 2013

CROP CIRCLES APRIL BLOG HOP....



Welcome!!! I have the pleasure of being involved in my second blog hop with these talented ladies :) - it's actually only my second blog hop ever! They are so much fun. We decided that our theme would be SPRING! If you are like me, and many others where I live, we are all eager for Spring to come and be rid of this cold, unpredictable weather. We are definitely on the way, but I wish it would hurry up a little!!

When we decided on our theme, the Bo Bunny collection, Vicki B, immediately popped into my head. The bright colors, and those gorgeous big flowers that just beg to be fussy cut, was perfect for what I had in mind. The picture is of my sweet daughter, who will be 16 next month. I realize that the picture was taken probably during the actual summer, but I just love it, and it reminds me of what to expect as Spring approaches, and it just makes me happy to look at it.

As I said above, I fussy cut all the flowers on the layout from a piece of paper from the collection. I pop dotted a few to add extra dimension. I used Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Photo to ink the edges of all the flowers and the background paper. I inked the edges of the striped paper in orange ink by Color Box, and added various jewels to the centers of the flowers for sparkle and interest.

Here's the order of the hop:
Cathy Caines - http://cathycaines.blogspot.ca/
Sara Case Strickland - http://sarathings.com/
Michelle Marks - http://michellesscrapbits.blogspot.ca/
Kymberley Wragg-Machamer - http://kymberleyscraphappens.blogspot.ca/
Natasha Connolly - http://goldhalo.blogspot.com/
Cheryl Ashworth - http://cherylane.wordpress.com/
Shar Strahan- partner with Cheryl Ashworth
Brande Strahan - partner with Cheryl Ashworth
Catherine Stockley- http://catherinelovesstamps.blogspot.ca/
Rhea Skomorowski - http://www.rheaski.blogspot.ca/
Darlene Head Whalley http://cherrytat.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE!!
Lori Smith - http://itsabouttimeblogspot.wordpress.com/

The Blog Hop starts today  until the 12th. There will be a grand prize of a Maya Road bundle of goodies, and I will provide a prize from my blog too- I will pick a random winner from the comments posted here. I haven't decided what the prize will be yet, so it will be a surprise :)

So, that's enough chatter from me, here is my layout. Thanks for stopping by, I would love for you all to leave me a comment! You might just win a little goody bag. Have a wonderful day!!!

p.s. I had a super hard time getting a good picture of this, so it does not do the actual picture of my daughter any justice- so sorry about that


39 comments:

  1. Great spring papers - awesome job Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Darlene ! Love those huge flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know, aren't those flowers something else?

      Delete
  3. Love the layering. The orange really is fresh and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isnt she sweet???? God, I love spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fussy cutting is something I have never tried but oh so admire and love when others have the patience and the eye for it ! And you certainly do, your layout is gorgeous, the colors and pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it!!! It's so fun and it really is awesome. It's amazing how versatile some paper can be. Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  6. Oh my another fantastic layout from the hands / imagination of Darlene.....LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rexene, all your awesome comments are going to go to my head lol Thank you SO much!!

      Delete
  7. Darlene, your cut flowers are terrific! Really like the paper ribbon strips below the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynda, I can always count on you to drop by and leave me some love, my scrappy friend :)

      Delete
  8. Oh to be able to cut flowers like that ... ;)
    This screams spring, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This paper is SO easy to fussy cut. Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous Layout Darlene. The bo bunny papers are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandy!! You are one of my biggest fans, and I REALLY appreciate it, you're awesome :)

      Delete
  10. Love all the fussy cut flowers Darlene. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! I appreciate you hopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Love the pennants, the flowers, the colours, the photos... the EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you used those papers! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those flowers (& the girly of course) are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' the orange...and the flowers and fishtail banners are awesome! Great layout! :)

    ~CoraLee

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww...sweet lo of Kate! I love the banners under the photo{ course I'm a sucker for banners and hope its a trend that NEVER goes away! lol )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know! I love them too, and will probably still use them when they are "out of style" :)

      Delete
  17. Love the bright colours. Don't you love documenting those younger years as they get older? I sure do - it brings back those memories of when they were so little (now that they are spreading their wings preparing to leave the nest). Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layout Darlene! The colors are beautiful and you did an awesome job fussy cutting the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors. I always have a hard time incorporating orange anywhere and this is beautiful. I love the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darlene, I just became a follower of yours. Came over from ACOT. Thanks for the info for this blog hop. I have seen so many wonderful creations along the way. Your layout is gorgeous. I love that line and you did it justice. Love the fuzzy cut flowers and the banner under the picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful layout love the flowers and the banner. Found this blog hop via way of Michelle's scarp bits . Nice to see a group of NL girls doing this . I'm a Nl'er too as well as a nurse , worked in Corner Brook but now living in NS. Would love if you could drop and vivist my blog
    http://craftsbeyond.blogspot.ca/
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete